Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Needed a Giggle

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

"Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing."

"As we were driving, we saw a sign that said "Watch for Rocks." Marta said it should read "Watch for Pretty Rocks." I told her she should write in her suggestion to the highway department, but she started saying it was a joke - just to get out of writing a simple letter! And I thought I was lazy!"

"I bet the main reason the police keep people away from a plane crash is they don't want anybody walking in and lying down in the crash stuff, then, when somebody comes up, act like they just woke up and go, "What was THAT?!"

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

"I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on."

"I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend."

"I'd rather be rich than stupid."

"I'm not afraid of insects taking over the world, and you know why? It would take about a billion ants just to AIM a gun at me, let alone fire it. And you know what I'm doing while they're aiming it at me? I just sort of slip off to the side, and then suddenly run up and kick the gun out of their hands."

"Sometimes you have to be careful when selecting a new name for yourself. For instance, let's say you have chosen the nickname "Fly Head." Normally you would think that "Fly Head" would mean a person who has beautiful swept-back features, as if flying through the air. But think again. Couldn't it also mean "having a head like a fly"? I'm afraid some people might actually think that."

4 comments:

Amy Jo Madsen said...

Wow!! I'm surprised that there were actually a couple in there I don't remember. I totally miss Deep Thoughts! I loved the days of going to the BYU Bookstore and looking at all the DT cards in the rack and laughing so hard that everyone thought I was crazy. Sigh.

"Hey--free dummy!"

dena4kids said...

I still have some of the ones you made for me at Ricks! I keep them in my jewelry box.=)
I LOVE DEEP THOUGHTS!

Megz said...

So funny. Sadly, my deep thoughts seem to be a lot like Jack's.

Lisa said...

Those were great. Thanks for the good chuckle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails