Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Our Beloved Nathan

Isn't Nathan so cute? I love looking at these pictures because they remind me to look at Nathan more as a little personality trying to emerge instead of a little boy who likes to bug his sisters. :) He is such a little clown and has so much energy, but at the same time he is very loving and kind. I enjoy having him in our home.

Nathan turned six on Halloween - October 31, 2010.

His birthday was on a Sunday and followed an extremely busy week/weekend. We invited grandmas and grandpas over to help celebrate his birthday. So, from the time church ended until dinner time I raced like mad to get everything done. First thing on the list - decorate a cake! For the 3rd year in a row, Nathan wanted a pirate ship cake. He picked to have a "Ghost Ship" cake so I got to work and tried my best to fill the order. The Dr. Pepper sitting there is for my sanity. :)


While I worked feverishly, Jeremy took the birthday boy out to play ball.

I watched them from the window for a little while in between decorating the cake and Nathan seemed to be having the time of his life!

I finished the cake in about 2 hours. TA DA!!! This is the finished product.


No sooner had I finished, our guests began to arrive. I hadn't even started on dinner, but I wasn't too worried. For Nathan's birthday dinner request he picked Macaroni 'n Cheese, Beans, and Hot Dogs. Wow! Talk about a heart attack waiting to happen! But, what the birthday boy wants, the birthday boy gets. We all managed to get the dinner down . . . well, all of us except Nathan. He didn't even eat it!


Next: PRESENT TIME! Here is Nathan showing how old he is.


Nathan has been really "into" Star Wars, so I got him this cute little Star Wars Lego set. He opened it and threw it aside. Samantha, however, was very excited about the set. With his permission she quickly opened it and got to work. :)


He also received this unexciting gift of clothing. It does look really cute on him.


Then the good stuff. AIRPLANES!


He also received an aircraft carrier that had more airplanes and accessories - PLUS this super sweet movie! He popped it in and we all enjoyed/endured his new Imaginext movie while he buzzed his airplanes around the room.


I figured I'd better also include a picture of some of the people who came. This was a nicer picture than the 2 pictures I got of both grandpas dozing off and missing most of the party. Looks like a rocking good time, right?


All good things must come to an end. We finished off with the birthday cake. I did a great job on the cake because it would have tasted divine if I liked cake. But those who do like cake said it was tasty and mine wasn't so bad either.

I am pretty sure Nathan had a wonderful 6th birthday and with all of my complaining about noisy boy stuff, I really do love having him in our family. We most certainly wouldn't be the same without him.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails