Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

HUGE Sigh of Relief

Last October the operating system on my desktop computer crashed. This was an enormous stress to me because I lost all my programs and possibly thousands of my pictures. The programs I really needed the most were Homesite and Adobe Photoshop, and I didn't have backups.

We ended up buying a laptop and that's been my computer for the past several months. I have been so sick about the desktop that I really didn't even want to try to restore anything for fear of what I had lost.

Well, I finally got up the gumption to face the facts and order the CD I needed from Dell to restore my system. After a couple hours of work on the computer I got it up and running. I quickly started to search through my files to see what I could find. I did manage to find most of my pictures, but still couldn't find the bulk of them - thousands of our most recent pictures.

At least I found some pictures and I was content for a little while. I've kind of just decided to let that computer be for the kids because it still seemed like a lost cause.

A couple of days ago I went back to the computer to see what else I could figure out with it. After several searches and clicks I actually located ALL of the lost pictures!!!! EXCITING!! And miracle of all miracles . . . I got my Photoshop AND Homesite to work! Unbelievable! I was sure these were gone and unrecoverable. So, after several months of stressing about that darn computer, the stress is finally gone and I feel a great sense of relief. Now that I have my Photoshop back, Jeremy is itching for me to post my pictures from our latest trip to Mexico. I guess that's what you now have to look forward to. :)

1 comment:

Megz said...

That is a relief! Makes me want to make sure I have backups of everything.
Can't wait to see all your pix!

Related Posts with Thumbnails