Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Gave In

We have 3 Nintendo DSs at our house and we insist that they are FAMILY DSs and not any one person's in particular. Of course they are always off limits to Alexandra because she is so little, but everyone else gets to play them on a limited basis.

Well, Alex seems to think she is so grown up that she can just do what everyone else does, even though she is only 2! I kept finding her hiding out in closets or little corners all hunched over with a DS. Our rule is that the games have to stay in the family room. She was breaking all the rules ... taking the game cartridges out (which are tiny), taking the DS to her room and other rooms, leaving games all throughout the house.

FINALLY, to spare myself much frustration I decided to allow her to play the dumb games. I figure if she has some access and can stay within the boundaries I set, then I'll avoid having the games lost or broken.

I know, dumb of me to give in to a 2-year-old, but that's how it goes this time. I have to pick my battles, right?

I guess the good part is that now I have a little extra leverage as a mom. Since she has been allowed to play the DS, it has become "her" DS and she is very possessive of it. I have to keep reminding her that it is the "family" DS and she doesn't get to play it all the time. It's a work in progress.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails