Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Leopard Lawn

I am a great wife. I decided to help out a little outside because I'm just that nice.

I was so tired of the stupid dandelions and clover taking over our yard that I figured I'm done waiting to see if Jeremy will take care of it, I'll do it myself. I went outside and mixed up a spray bottle of 2-4-D. I put in 1 part poison, and 4 parts water. Actually, I couldn't find any instructions on the 2-4-D, so I called Jeremy and had him look up the proportions on the internet, and he came up with a 1:4 ratio. So, 1 cup of poison, 4 cups of water.

After mixing up my little concoction I proudly went and sprayed any weed in sight, plus a lot of clover. By midday the weeds were starting to wither and die off. Woo hoo! Well, after talking to Daddy about the proportions he uses on his weeds, it turns out that I really should have put in about a tablespoon of the poison. My mix was so potent that it killed a lot more than just the weeds. It pretty much destroyed anything the spray touched. Now our grass looks like this.
Just let me know if you would like me to render my services for you.

10 comments:

Lori-ann said...

Wanna come over and kill our lawn too? hehe...

Lori-ann said...

Seriously, you crack me up. I just read your blog to Rob and enlarged the picture. He had a good chuckle. I told him that I like his cousin because she's so sarcastic and has a great sense of humor. :)

big8smiley said...

Thanks! I love that we can share blogs. Who knew we would get along so well? :)

Lisa said...

I could've given you that lawn for free and just let our dog come pee on your lawn several times. You should've asked.

dena4kids said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dena4kids said...

LOL! The only green I have in my yard is my dandelions and clover! I am sure Jeremy appreciated the help. Hey it's the thought that counts, right?

Megz said...

Maybe we can go in business together. The spray I used wasn't working fast enough so I just mowed the weeds down but was too lazy to mow the rest of the grass. The tracks in the lawn didn't bother me.

Dead spots are still better than dandelions if you ask me!

The Allreds said...

oh yipes! sorry about your lawn. that is sooo frustrating when you're trying to help and then you hinder instead. but hey...aren't polka-dots "in" this summer???

Cynthia said...

Mine is still worse than yours. I have two HUGE dead spots in my front lawn. How did that happen you ask? Well it all started when we had cooler weather and a lot of rain. Fast forward to last week. Every day I would drive home from picking up the kids and the grass was looking worse and worse. I would even comment on it every day wondering why the grass was looking so terrible! Then one day, after I had two huge dead spots it hit me. I hurried to check, and sure enough, I never turned the front sprinkler timer back on after the rain!! AAAARGH!

Shnopa said...

Thank you for the offer. However, I won't be needing your services. My lawn came like that. I thought you were just trying to enjoy the beauty in your own yard. What are you doing to remedy the situation? Extra water?

Related Posts with Thumbnails