Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Friday, May 21, 2010

Things I Know

I know that I have a father who is in heaven who loves me. He cares about me, about what I do, and He wants me to succeed. My Heavenly Father is a real, supreme being. He created this earth so that all of us could come here, have a mortal body, learn to rise above our trials, and prove ourselves worthy to live with him.

I know that I lived with my Heavenly Father before I came to earth. I am on this earth to experience joy, pain, frustrations, love, happiness, anger, forgiveness, and all other emotions I have. I know that when I die, I will rejoin my Father in Heaven and that I will live again with the other members of my family. I will be disappointed in myself if I don't make the most of my life here. I know that I wanted to feel everything there is to feel here on earth and I expected that it would take a lot of work to overcome painful and difficult experiences.

I know that Heavenly Father actually does have a plan for me. He expects great things from me and in return He will bless me more than I can comprehend. He doesn't plan for me to find my path alone. If I ask for his help, he WILL help me because he loves me and he wants me to succeed.

I know that Heavenly Father sent his son, Jesus Christ, to this earth to show me the ultimate example of love and service. I know that Jesus Christ was resurrected, and that He lives. He loves me and also wants me to succeed. He set a perfect example of how I need to live my life in order to live with my Father in Heaven again.

I know that I will be able to live with my family forever and that Jeremy and I will be together even after we die. We have taken the correct steps by being sealed in the temple - not just for this life, but for eternity. Eternity is a long time. It is forever. I will be with Jeremy forever. Heavenly Father has made this possible for me.

I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God. He spoke to God and Jesus Christ face to face. He translated the Book of Mormon using the power given to him through God. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I feel it when I read it. The principles taught in the Book of Mormon apply just as much today as they did when the words in the book were written.

I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a true and living prophet today. I know that just as Heavenly Father treated the people to prophets throughout biblical times, he treats us to a living prophet today. I know that we need ongoing revelation that is applicable to our time and that Heavenly Father has a continuing interest in us now.

I know that Heavenly Father gave me special gifts to help me through my life and he expects me to use these gifts for good. As I use my gifts for good, he will entrust me with additional gifts to help his kingdom grow on this earth.

I know that Heavenly Father loves all his children. Every person on this earth is a child of God. He wants everyone to succeed and has made it possible for everyone to return back to live with Him. I know that not everyone will be able to live with him forever. We all have free agency. However, as we seek out the truth, we will find it. He makes it available because He loves us. I know that the missionaries for our church throughout the world speak the truth and those who choose to listen to them, find the truth.

I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is His true church and that it teaches true principles. I know that people aren't perfect, but His gospel is.

I love my Father in Heaven. He has given me everything. I love my family and will continue to strive to live worthy to enter my Heavenly Father's kingdom so that I can be with my family for eternity . . . forever. This life will not be pain-free for me. It isn't supposed to be. I know that as I do my best to rise above difficult situations, He will always help me to see the light.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails