Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Monday, January 24, 2011

The Gathering of the Pumpkins

I know this post is really late, and the next few will be too. As usual . . . I'M BEHIND!!!! I wanted to post some of these fun family outings before I forget about them. The kids like to look back on my blog and read about past events so it's my job to keep it up. Oops!

These pictures are from October, when we went to get our pumpkins at the pumpkin patch. It has become our tradition to take this wagon out to the pumpkin patch and pick out our pumpkins. The rule is that you have to be able to carry it out yourself. It makes the activity much more age appropriate and then I don't have to try to figure out how to carry 5 pumpkins out of the pumpkin patch. This year was much warmer than last year, so we were able to enjoy the experience and linger a bit longer.

Us. The parents. We must love each other!

Athena and Samantha had a lot of fun riding at the front of the wagon. They were acting so "grown up". It was fun to watch their personalities come out as they joked and laughed throughout the ride.

This year there were a few extra activites at the pumpkin patch and the kids had fun with them. There was a maze made out of big fruit bins, these cutouts for pictures, and a big tractor that the kids could sit on.




This picture makes me laugh because it looks like Athena and Samantha are having SO MUCH fun, and Nathan and Alex look on just wishing they were over there behind the wheel instead of stuck on the top where they can't get down.

Now silly faces!

After chasing through the maze several times and checking out the picture boards and tractor, it was finally time to go through the pumpkin patch in search of the "perfect pumpkin". Ready . . . set . . . GO!!!!




After much searching and deliberation, these are the winners. :)

Jeremy and I found one too. I don't usually get one because I'm the one who ends up carving all the other ones. This year I wanted to try cooking on in the oven and making a pumpkin puree to use in recipes. Did that actually happen? NO!! My pumpkin sat on the bar and the table as a decoration until Christmas time when I finally gave up and threw it out. Maybe next year.

Wow, Jeremy! What happened?!! We loaded our pumpkins onto the wagon, rode back to the beginning, and enjoyed ice cream together to finish off our outing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails