Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Alexandra's Birthday Party

Last Saturday we celebrated Alexandra's birthday. The weather was perfect and it was so nice to have the party outside. I could have timed it a little better and had it an hour later or so. We ended up having just a little bit of shade and most people crammed to the back of the house. I spent most of my time on the blanket with Alexandra. As the mom, I got the honor of helping her open her gifts and do everything else for the party. Woo hoo!

Robert and Denise opted to brave the sun. It actually wasn't bad at all. I thought it felt quite nice. I did get my first sunburn of the season, though.

Alexandra was so cute about opening her presents. She is the only one of our kids who actually helped open her own gifts. She would tear off a tiny bit of paper and hand it to me, then tear off another piece and hand it to me. Over and over and over. She stayed interested in opening her presents for most of the time. :)


Here is a cute little dress from Mama. Jeremy is quite excited about it because Alexandra can wear it on the 4th of July.



Jeremy arranged all the gifts on the table. This is what she got for her birthday.

  • Strawberry printed shirt and denim shorts from Cathy
  • Tub toys (boat with accessories) from Michelle and Shauna
  • Book, phone, and clothes from Jeremy and I
  • Doll and 4th of July dress from Mama and Daddy
  • Fisher Price barnyard toy, rattle, and card from Grandma & Grandpa Slater and Kristy and Katie
  • Purple dress from Teresa
  • Ball and snacks from Lisa

This is Shauna holding up Cathy's gift - the shirt and shorts. They are really cute. Thanks Shnope for the display!

After opening presents it was time for Alexandra to pick in her cake. Hooray! The highlight of the party!

She didn't waste any time digging into the cake. She went right for it and started eating it. She really loved it! I'm so happy she liked her cake - it was cute to see her experience it all by herself.

As Alexandra was eating her cake, Grandma Lynda decided to try the cake too, so she came and popped off the eyeball and ate it. Then Jeremy joined in by popping off the other eyeball.


Then EVERYONE joined in and took a piece of the cake. It tasted really good!


This is the final moments of the cake and messy Alexandra. It turned out to be quite tasty and everyone got to enjoy the special treat. Alexandra did make sure to get her share and she had PLENTY.



After she was all cleaned up Michelle and Mama helped Jeremy and I in the kitchen and we served strawberry shortcake to all who came. We didn't get any pictures of that, but it looked like normal strawberry shortcake and tasted divine. :)


The party turned out to be a lot of fun and I'm glad that it is now over! I'm not a great party planner and so I'm glad to see the end of it and move onto the next thing. I am happy for the support we received and that I have family who will come and support me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails