Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Athena's School Programs

I have spent a good share of my time this week going to school programs. I love to see Athena and Samantha enjoying school and being able to perform in front of the parents. :)

On Tuesday, Athena had her 2nd grade program. It was a patriotic assembly. Her part for the program was to say, "Do ordain and establish this constitution for the United States of America." She did a GREAT job and didn't miss a word. I think it's wonderful that their school teaches them all the patriotic songs and the importance of our independence and freedom. We also got to say the Pledge of Allegiance together. That was nice - I don't say it so very often when I'm at home with the kids.

In case you don't know which one is Athena, she is on the top row, 3rd from the left. The pretty blonde-haired girl with the striped hat!


The next picture is at the talent show Athena signed up for. It really surprised me that she signed up to perform all on her own! I went to her performance on Wednesday. She chose to sing the song "The Melody Within" from Rigoletto. I'm really proud of Athena. She seemed to have 100% more confidence at that age than I did for sure.

The funny thing about this talent show is that the kids who signed up could do whatever they wanted for their talent. The show was held in the music room by the music teacher. She dimmed the lights for a dramatic "performance" effect. Then she had a keyboard in the front of the room for the kids to use if they wanted to. There were 14 kids who signed up to perform a talent. 12 of them messed around on the keyboard and 2 of them sang. I think 2 of the "keyboard kids" actually played a real song. The rest of them went up and just hit keys and took up time. I have to say that Athena's talent surpassed them all by a longshot!

1 comment:

Aprilyn said...

That is such a beautiful song! I totally love it! I'm glad Athena sang for them.
Nate just sang a solo at his choir concert last night and totally blew everyone away with how good he can sing. He can really project his sound!

Related Posts with Thumbnails