Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Monday, April 6, 2009

1000 Pieces

I really enjoyed listening to General Conference this past weekend. I love to hear the timeless messages of the gospel and to know that the Lord's high values and goodness remains the same even when the world seems to be going downhill so fast. It gave me hope. :)

We had relatively few meltdowns compared to the last General Conference, so I suppose I could consider it a success!

During conference I love to do puzzles. I completed a 500 piece puzzle on Saturday evening after 3 hours of work. Then on Sunday I got really ambitious and decided to try my hand at a 1000pc puzzle. This is as far as I got.I just got bored staring at the same 200 pieces that all had pink fruit and leaves on them. Maybe a couple of years down the road I'll forget that I didn't like working on such a big puzzle and try it again.

6 comments:

trudihyer said...

I love jigsaw puzzles too! How do you keep your little ones off of the table? That was always our biggest challenge!

dena4kids said...

I don't see how you do it! My kids would love to spread mine all over the house! You are brave
girl!=)

Mama Cat said...

Yeah, it doesn't work at my house, either, unfortunately. I miss puzzles a ton; they are a family tradition with my fam at holiday times--especially the big ones! I would never even attempt it during Conference with kids around, though. It takes almost my full attention to Catherine to keep her busy, and I'm lucky to give half an ear to Conference. It's a good thing we can read the talks later!

big8smiley said...

It turns out well that the older girls like to do puzzles too now. They usually grab all the kid puzzles when I pull out my big ones and we do puzzles side by side. Samantha was helping me with this big puzzle, and she threw in the towel about the same time I did. Alex tried to run off with a few pieces, but was caught quickly and didn't try it again!

Shnopa said...

Well I think the 500 piece is quite an accomplishment especially with 4 children and 2 of them being very young. I haven't brought out the puzzles for the last several years. We did several smaller ones and two 100 piece ones this conference.

I once started a 2,000 piece puzzle. WOW! I didn't finish either.

Lisa said...

That picture on the puzzle looks neat. Too bad you didn't finish (I don't know if I would have either). This year, the kids went and pulled out all the kid puzzles without my prompting. I guess it's turning into a tradition now in my own home too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails