Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Monday, November 24, 2008

Does This Mean I Have to Cheer?

Jeremy insisted that I finally break down this weekend and purchase my first article of clothing that actually says BYU on it. He has been wishing, fantasizing, dreaming about, and practically begging me for YEARS to get something with the BYU name on it so I could wear it on game days. On Saturday we were in Costco and they had a whole table full of BYU hoodies. He decided that this was the day it would happen - for him to actually see me wear it. Fortunately the table was for juniors and none of the hoodies fit. I figured it was a wonderfully close call and I could put it off a little longer.

Nope, out of the question. Jeremy decided he was on a hunt and it wasn't going to end until I was wearing the desired clothing. We ended up driving around to a few different stores only to be disappointed that it wasn't the right size, color, or style.

FINALLY we went to the Shopko in Spanish Fork. We were tired of loading the kids in and out so I ran in to scope the store. Within a couple of minutes I had found THE ONE!!!! I called Jeremy and told him that this store had what he wanted me to have and I'd be out in a minute. He actually told me, "Just wear it out and have them scan the tag!" Well, I brought it out in a bag, but just to satisfy him, I put it on in the car for all to admire.

I'm obviously not a big sports fan and have never bought any BYU attire because it just plain isn't high on my agenda of MUST HAVE items. Oh well, I guess if Jeremy will be so easily pleased on game days just to see me sport something from his team then it will be worth it. It just might be the saving factor of our relationship. :) (You know, if there is a problem or anything - I'll just run and put on my hoodie to show how much I love him.)

So, here it is.
Jeremy was so proud of me wearing it that he wanted a picture of us together wearing our BYU clothes. So . . . here WE are.


So now that the purchase is done and out of the way, will he expect me to cheer? Well, it DID take almost 11 years for him to get me to wear a hoodie, so don't expect too much too soon.

7 comments:

Megz said...

Anytime you want to borrow the BYU earrings Leon got me for Christmas a few years back let me know!
Too bad you got it at the end of the season and for a bummer of a game.
Good thing we have b-ball!

big8smiley said...

LOL! I don't think I'll have lack of wearing opportunities with Jeremy. He might even make me put it on for women's equestrian matches. Who knows how far this will go!

Mama Cat said...

I love the look on your face in that first photo--"Here it is--are ya HAPPY now, Jeremy?!" ;)

Deeders said...

Very nice hoodie. Now, you can never wear it again. Don't you realize it's bad luck?? I wore a BYU visor on Saturday that is going to have to be burned. It was responsible for TCU and Utah this year.

big8smiley said...

LOL, if I tell Jeremy about the part where it has to be burned, I'm sure he won't let it out of his sight. He'd probably lock it in his car at night and hide the keys!!! :)

dena4kids said...

I told Nathan to get me a Panthers football jersey for Christmas. LOL! Love the hoodie! Good choice!

Wendy said...

You cute thing! You look great in that BYU attire. Try wearing it next season for the entire football season, will you? BYU needs some support after this season! By the way, that truly is showing your hubby some LOVE!! Thanks for the fun blog--I don't know if i have told you that yet, but I truly enjoy reading your entries. Happy Thanksgiving!

Related Posts with Thumbnails