Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Birthday Party

This Friday I am throwing Athena a birthday party. She has invited 12 of her friends, plus her and Samantha. So there will be 14 little girls there if everyone shows up. I asked everyone to come dressed as a princess (just for fun) and we will play games. If any of you have any EASY and fun game ideas, I'd love to hear them. I might need extra stuff to take up the time. :)

Here is what I'm going to do:

Book Relay Race: Princesses use books on their heads to teach them to walk with their backs straight. So we will have a relay race walking with books on our heads.

Kissing Practice: All princesses have a prince to kiss in all the stories. Since we don't have a real prince here, and girls don't want to kiss girls, we will just practice without touching. Everyone will have a toothpick in their mouth and they will transfer the lifesaver from one toothpick to another all the way down the line of their team to see who can get the lifesaver to the end of the line first.

Open Gift with Monster Hands: Each girl will roll 2 dice. If she rolls doubles she will put on gloves and attempt to open a well-wrapped gift. You can keep trying to unwrap until someone else rolls doubles. The girl who gets it open first gets to keep it. We will do this with several different gifts.

Fruit Basket Upset: Yes, the usual game. I haven't modified this yet for princesses. Maybe it can be that they call Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Belle instead of apples, oranges, and bananas.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas. I'll post on the outcome of the party when all is said and done. :)

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

How long is the party supposed to be? I bet those games plus opening gifts and having cake will fill the whole time. I don't even remember how to play fruit basket upset. Most of those games we used to play have left my brain as to how to play. What you have planned sounds like fun though. Have you considered having them do a project? Decorate a cupcake or cookie. You could make crown shaped cookies. Or have them decorate a paper crown with glitter, or sequins or jewels.

big8smiley said...

We decorated ornaments for her party last time. The party is 2 hours long, and I figured we would also do gifts, cake, and they could paint their fingernails while they are waiting for their parents to come.

Cynthia said...

The fingernail painting is a great idea. See if you can find some nail polish with glitter in it, they would think that was cool.

Jess Perry said...

Fingernail painting is great...or painting faces like a princess. You know what I mean...with make-up and stuff. Or pin the crown on the princess...just kidding!

big8smiley said...

I like the pin the crown on the princess - and I just bought some new pins to adjust our Halloween costumes. HOW PERFECT!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails