Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sharing Time

I had to do sharing time last Sunday. I teach Athena's class, the 7-8 year olds, and it was our turn to present the sharing time lesson. I don't know if it turned out well or not. I got so many blank stares and I wonder if the kids are always like that or if they were just bored to tears with MY lesson. The truth is, though, I don't really care - I'm just glad it's over!

For sharing time I prepared a "Thankful Basket". The kids had to come up to the front and pull an object out of my bag, then read what it said on the back and tell how they can show gratitude for that particular blessing from the Lord. Then we would sing a related song or read a related scripture and place the item in the thankful basket.

The good news is, I'm off the hook for sharing time for at least another 6 months. Pshwew!

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Hehehe. I have NEVER had to do a sharing time. I have never been a primary teacher or in the presidency so I have escaped that torture so far.

big8smiley said...

Count your many blessings!

Mama Cat said...

Hey--that's the same class I teach! (We're in with the Senior Primary, though, so Sharing Time's a little easier.) Earlier this year, I was teaching the 9-10 year-olds, and we did S.T. in May. Then I got moved to the 7-8 class in July, and I had S.T. again in August, I think. No fair! They actually both went pretty well, and I involved my class a lot, so they loved it. It's not so bad now, since I've had more practice--I was in the Presidency for 2 1/2 years, and I got so nervous about S.T., I got sick pretty much every time for the first 18 months or so. I certainly don't miss doing it so often!

Sounds like your S.T. was fine--little kids just react that way, usually. Don't take it too personally!

Lisa said...

I was in the presidency for a while in Anchorage before we moved. I certainly had my fair share of blank-stare lessons, but I also had some really good ones. The best ones were when I gave a very short lesson, then had the kids do a project related to the lesson. Those were usually a hit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails