Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Nathan's First Talk

Today Nathan gave his first talk in primary. He is in sunbeams this year. I wrote his talk for him and helped him with the words. He wasn't scared or nervous, he just got right up and gave his talk. I think it helps that he couldn't see all the kids over the microphone because he is too little. Here is the talk that he gave:

When I am 8 years old I want to be baptized. Jesus Christ said that people must be baptized to belong to His church and enter the kingdom of God. I will prepare to be baptized by keeping the commandments, following the example of Jesus Christ, and by living His teachings. It won't be scary to be baptized because I'll only be in the water for a small moment.

By being baptized I will make a promise to Heavenly Father that I will keep His commandments. He will promise to me that I can live with Him in His kingdom. These promises are called covenants.

After I am baptized I will be confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. I will try very hard to repent of what I do wrong, to follow Jesus Christ, and to obey Him. Then His spirit will be with me.

I am thankful I can be baptized and confirmed. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


I'm happy that my kids have the opportunity to get up and speak at an early age, even if they don't quite understand why they are doing it or what all they are speaking about. It teaches them that they can take part in church and that they have something important to say. They also learn that it isn't that bad to get up in front of people and do what you are asked to do. Nathan did a great job. It's fun for me to watch him grow.

1 comment:

Aprilyn said...

Good job Nathan! Marshall and I were talking about baptism one day and he had made up his mind that he didn't want to be baptized. I think he was scared of the water. A few days later, he changed his mind and said he would get baptized but he was going to wear his goggles. Hehe. He makes me giggle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails