Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Saturday, August 23, 2008

We Love Our Friends!

Last night we had Tom and Peyton over for dinner with their son Brittan. It has taken us at least 4 years to finally get our schedules together and have a get together. They are the kind of friends that no matter how long it's been since we've seen each other, as soon as we together it's like we were never away. What a night! We had so much fun. We had a little barbecue and then hung out playing games for the evening.


We used to live next door to Tom and Peyton when we lived in our townhomes. We shared a porch. I think it was fate that brought us together as friends. Our first encounter with them was when they were moving in we came home from wherever we were and as we walked into our house, their front door was cracked open. I glanced over and noticed that right inside was our very same Victorian-style couch set! They had the same set that we had just picked out and purchased for our new home. The funny thing about the couches is that last night when they came in the house, Peyton came into our family room and said, "NO WAY!" Then Tom came into the room and burst out laughing. They just bought the EXACT same sectional couch that we have in our family room to replace their old set.


We used to have Tom over for dinner at least once a week when we were neighbors because Peyton would be working late and we didn't want him to be lonely next door. I once even knocked on their door to have Tom come and kill a spider for me. LOL.


This was just like old times, only more kids, more responsibilites, different setting. OK, so it isn't just like old times, but we did really enjoy each other's company.


Peyton is so much fun. She always has a new trick up her sleeve. Last night she brought over this funny game for the kids. They all wear a tail and try to chase each other down and pull off their tails. The kids looked so cute running around like mad trying to keep from getting their tails pulled off.



Alexandra wouldn't hold still long enough to let me get her picture. This is the best I could get, even though it's a little blurry because she is in motion.

The kids played together all night - in fact, until 1:00am and we (the adults) played games and then topped the evening off with a good laugh. We watched Napoleon Dynamite. AWESOME!

I have to share one more story about one of our first impressions of Tom & Peyton. It was in 1999 and Jeremy and I had just watched the movie Sixth Sense in the theaters. I was pregnant with Athena, so therefore, I was constantly up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. In the townhome our bedroom was on the 2nd floor. In the middle of the 2nd floor was the bathroom, with just the half wall behind it, so the hallway was really dark because it went down the stairs. I got up one night to go to the bathroom and I was kind of creeped out because of the bathroom scene in 6th sense. I was hurrying and I half expected to see someone dead walk in front of the doorway. All of a sudden I hear BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG on the wall. It was about 2am and I was freakishly thinking, "WHAT THE HECK!!!!" Come to find out, Peyton couldn't sleep and decided to hang pictures in the stairway of our adjoining wall. Thanks Peyton for just about scaring my baby right out of me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails