Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Friday, October 24, 2008

Ghosties!

We have been quite festive this Halloween. :)

I was walking past my neighbor's house the other day and I happened to comment to her that I thought her ghosts in the yard were cute. She told me how her kids made the ghosts and then promptly ran in her house to get me some of her garbage bags. I told her it wasn't necessary, but she insisted I take them. That was very nice of her. She said they have so many of these little white garbage bags that she didn't know if they would use them all anyway. I took the garbage bags home and made ghosts with the family that night.

Here are the supplies we used.

The ghosts took all of about 5 minutes to make. The kids liked the part where they make a ghost face on the bag. I think the eyes on Nathan's ghost are cute. One is huge and the other is practically a dot.

Athena made her face out of green marker. She accidentally drew it on the bottom of the bag and we had to flip the bag around and have her do it again. So her ghost has 2 faces!


Jeremy made me laugh. He couldn't figure out how to get the bag open. Actually, neither could the kids, but it was funny to see him sit and fight with the bag.


Samantha copied Jeremy by putting BYU in the mouth of her ghost. Jeremy actually put U of U in the mouth of his ghost because he wanted his ghost to be eating U of U. Samantha didn't quite get that concept and thought she was showing team spirit. It's ok. We get the idea.


Here are all the completed ghosts, ready to be hung outside.


I was trying to take pictures of the ghost hangings. Samantha discovered how fun it is to try to get in the camera shot. Here she is, ruining my picture!


OOOOOH! Our house is haunted! I took pictures of all 6 ghosts hanging in their various locations.





That's the end of it. Did you count all 6? :)

2 comments:

dena4kids said...

Those are really cute. I think we will do that tonight for FHE.

Lisa said...

I did see the ghosts yesterday when I surprised you with a visit, but I forgot to comment on them. They are very cute and a fun idea. Maybe we'll make some too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails