Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Still Playing

For those of you who saw my earlier post about Settlers and the dream I had, don't worry. Settlers is still going strong over here! :) I had to take this picture just to prove it. Daddy and I played last Thursday.



While I'm on the subject, Daddy - for the record - I really enjoy having you come over and play. The kids look forward to having you over too!

Daddy and I play Settlers once a week for an afternoon and it's been a really good thing for us. Not only do we get to enjoy a game we both love, we have grown closer as friends and I appreciate that. Daddy gets worried that he will become a burden on me by coming over once a week, but I don't look at it that way. I enjoy it. Yes, it is difficult sometimes trying to take care of the kids and keep a game going at the same time. That doesn't mean I am annoyed at him being here, it just means we have a crazy busy house like everyone else. I can still go on enjoying other people's company. Did that make sense? LOL, it made more sense in my head, I think. Anyways - Settlers goes on and I'm happy about it! It didn't get covered in water and sink. You get the gist.

One more thing, the kids have created a tradition for themselves with Daddy coming over all the time. When it's time for him to leave, he gets in the car and revs up the engine. The kids all go stand at the end of the driveway in their starting positions. As soon as Daddy starts to drive they all take off running for the corner of our neighborhood and try to race him to the end of the street. Then they all stand at the corner and wave goodbye to him as he drives off. It's so cute and fun to watch! Alexandra has even started to get in on the fun and she lines up with the rest of them to make a run for it and try to "beat" grandpa to the corner.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails