Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Monday, September 8, 2008

How Much Fun is a Box?

Why buy toys? I was cleaning today and came across these 2 boxes that were ready to be thrown away. I decided box fun would be much more fun than cleaning, so the play began. The box for the wipes was the perfect size for Alexandra, and the box for the diapers was the perfect size for Nathan.

I pushed them down the hall and around the family room with my feet and they had box car races. Both kids were giggling and laughing so hard.


I then tipped them over and spilled them out for a little while.

Alexandra really wasn't sure about that game.


Then she really got into the game of peek-a-boo.

It was cute to watch her try to pull her feet in so tight so the "doors" would close.


Nathan played peek-a-boo too and then just had a ball just sitting in his box.

I wish they were so easily entertained all the time! I didn't tell them that as soon as dad gets home the boxes will probably be history, so we'll make the most of our box time today.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That's so cute! We've always loved box toys too. Nathan and Alexandra look like they are having the time of their lives.

Cynthia said...

Moments like that with your kids are the best. Unfortunately I didn't have any of those moments today. It was a pretty rough day for a lot of reasons. It was a nice little ray of light to see some fun happening in someone else's house.

Megz said...

I have to laugh at Alexandra's hair because it looks just like Noelle's after the little ponytails come out.
Don't you wish you could just give them empty boxes for Christmas?? That would do wonders for the pocketbook.

Aprilyn said...

Cute pictures! Boxes are great toys!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails