Imagine what you could do if you knew you could not fail.
 

Saturday, September 6, 2008

These Are Not My Kids

I hate bugs. I have always hated bugs and I will probably always hate bugs.

Last week Jeremy caught this katydid. I have to admit, it was pretty funny watching him run, jump, and flit around the yard trying to get the darn thing. We kept it over night in our bug box so he could show the kids the next morning.

All of the kids were completely fascinated. I don't think any of them have seen one of these before. Samantha was the first to touch and hold it (of course).

This made Athena feel brave enough to hold it too. :)


Nathan wanted nothing to do with it, so this is the only picture I could get of him and I still didn't get Nathan and the bug in the same frame.


That bug box has been the best investment I've made all summer. The kids have had endless fun with it and so has Jeremy.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Yet again, it makes me very glad that none of my kids are inspired by bugs. We all try to steer clear of them.

The Allreds said...

eeewwwwww!!! I don't do bugs either! couldn't believe Sara has a grasshopper hospital in our backyard and actually HOLDS them. gross!! There are too many grasshoppers in our yard so the more that "fall asleep" the better : )

Mama Cat said...

My kiddo ADORES bugs--I have no idea where she got it. Well, maybe from her daddy. I can say--"Aack! A spider!" and she runs over and says "Where? Me hold it?" No, I say. "I touch it?" No, I say. "Why?" (Yes, she's in that fun "why" stage.) We have the most giganto bugs here, and she is fascinated by all of them--even the huge cicadas and even huger cicada-killer wasps. Ucchh. I try not to discourage her too much, but it's pretty hard for a bug-hater like me. I suppose I ought to get her a bug box of her own next year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails